Do you crave your favorite slow-cooked dishes but don’t want all the calories from those familiar comfort foods? Well, we’ve found a way to cut the calories in over 150 family-friendly dishes without sacrificing flavor or decadent deliciousness. Without ruling out any foods, we’ve kept an eye out for portion control while ensuring each morsel in every downsized dish is incredibly satisfying.
With smart ingredient choices, we were able to makeover the most-beloved Gooseberry Patch slow cooker main dish recipes and slash their calories to 400 or less. As a bonus, we’ve branched out beyond entrées to include luscious desserts and snacks—most have less than 250 calories. Here’s how we revamped the recipes:
· Used 2% reduced-fat milk instead whole milk
· Substituted reduced-fat cheeses for regular cheeses or used full-fat cheeses in reduced amounts
· Used real butter in reduced amounts
· Trimmed fat from large cuts of beef
· Used skinless chicken breasts and chicken thighs
· Used lean ground beef and sausage
· Replaced thick-cut bacon with center-cut bacon
· Reduced meat, pork and poultry serving sizes to 6 ounce or less
· Reduced cooked grain and pasta portion sizes to ½ cup
From convenient and practically hands-free recipes for every meal of the day, you’ll discover how easy it will be to stick your healthy eating goals. Inside you’ll find:
provide calorie amounts for optional garnishes, side dishes and other accompaniments.
teach you the tricks and techniques to making lighter dishes without losing an ounce of lip-smacking taste.
Savvy Swaps give you ideas for handy, equal-calorie ingredient substitutions.
Nutrition Facts with every recipe provide a complete list of nutrients—including calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber, and protein.
Whether you wish to get trim or simply maintain a balanced lifestyle, Gooseberry Patch 400 Calorie Slow Cooker Recipes takes the guesswork out of making calorie-controlled dishes your family will want to sink their teeth into again and again.